Family cases involve important life changing events. They are emotionally draining and often involve complex legal issues, many of which are of an urgent nature. At Cowles & Thompson, we are dedicated to providing timely advice and results. We also understand the importance of trust, and are committed to open and personal communication with our clients.
The attorneys at Cowles & Thompson constantly strive to assist clients in understanding the unique issues involved in their particular case while at the same time working to achieve an equitable legal outcome. We understand that in many cases, we are the only voice for our client.
Our attorneys possess the compassion, dedication, and fundamental legal skills necessary for the successful and efficient resolution of family cases. We have a long history of representing clients in a variety of family cases and are proud of the relationships we have made, and the results we have obtained for those clients.
Our areas of experience include:
- Modification and Enforcement of Orders
- Pre-and post nuptial agreements
- Property Division
- Protective and Restraining Orders
- Spousal Support
We always consider the particular facts and circumstances of each case to determine the best avenue for resolution. While traditional litigation may be the best option for some clients, others may benefit from collaborative law or mediation. No matter which legal path is chosen, our attorneys will be there to assist the client each step of the way.
- Tuesday, April 06, 2021 Cowles and Thompson Welcomes Family Law and Collaborative Divorce Attorney Lené Alley DeRudder
- Monday, September 20, 2021 "Grandparent's Rights" in Texas
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021 Child Custody Basics
- Thursday, July 08, 2021 Unwinding a Healthy Marital Estate: Where to Begin
- Thursday, June 03, 2021 Can I Be Married Without Knowing It? Myths and FAQs on Common-Law Marriage
- Wednesday, April 07, 2021 Texas House Bill 803 and the Downsides of “Equal Parenting Time”
- Thursday, February 04, 2021 Family Matters: An Overview of Child-Related Issues in Family Law Cases
- Tuesday, January 05, 2021 Preparation is the Key to a Successful Family Law Mediation
- Wednesday, September 09, 2020 Co-Parenting in the Age of COVID-19
- Thursday, December 05, 2019 Prenuptial Agreements in Texas - A Brief Introduction
- Monday, July 22, 2019 Informal Marriage in Texas
- Monday, January 07, 2019 How Cheating Affects Texas Divorce
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 The ABC's for Back to School Co-Parenting