Coverage and Insurance Litigation
Attorneys of the Cowles & Thompson Coverage Insurance Litigation Section have been engaged in the representation of insurance and risk management interests for many years, and have the experience to provide opinions on all lines of insurance and all types of policies. We have served as counsel to numerous property and casualty insurance companies, professional liability underwriters, life insurance companies, and reinsurance companies.
What Sets Us Apart
Our insurance coverage attorneys are trial lawyers, with actual courtroom experience litigating complex coverage, bad faith, and other related issues. Our attorneys analyze complicated insurance coverage matters and stand ready to defend the positions recommended to our clients.
Our coverage attorneys are experienced in analyzing most types of coverage, including
- General liability
- Commercial and personal auto
- UM and UIM
- Commercial property policies
- Excess and umbrella policies
- Construction wrap-up policies (Owner-Controlled Insurance Program -- OCIP)
- Environmental and toxic tort issues
- Professional liability
- Directors & Officers
- Workers’ Compensation/employers liability and employer indemnity
Our background in insurance matters enhances our ability to effectively address the insurance needs of our non-insurance clients. We have an in-depth understanding of underwriting and policy coverage issues affecting the business and legal issues of our non-insurance clients.
- Thursday, July 09, 2020 Texas Supreme Court Rejects Air Ambulance Claims for Higher Payments from Workers’ Compensation Insurers
- Monday, March 30, 2020 Eight (Corners) is Enough - Texas Supreme Court Says So - When it Comes to an Insurer's Duty to Defend
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 Recent Insurance Decisions by the Supreme Court of Texas
Did You Know?
C&T has authored over 1,300 insurance coverage opinions.