One of the greatest challenges presented to our clients is the integration of an increasingly diversified workforce into their long-range business goals. The Firm's Employment attorneys counsel and provide representation to clients regarding their employees - one of their most valuable assets. In this work with clients, C&T attorneys work with all phases of the employee/employer relationship.
Areas of Representation
C&T works with clients in many areas of the employment relationship, including:
- The hiring process
- Policy drafting and implementation
- Employee discipline and termination
- Harassment in the workplace
- Discrimination claims
- Wage/hour claims and litigation
- Litigation avoidance
- Defense of employment-related litigation
Types of Matters Handled for Clients
C&T represents clients in the full range of employment needs before the Texas Workforce Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and in state and federal courts on cases involving race, national origin, sex, age, religion and disability discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, defamation and invasion of privacy, non-competition agreements, protection of trade secrets, wage and hour issues and other employment-related issues.
C&T counsels employers on job-related matters such as:
- Drafting and formulating employment policy and procedure manuals, application forms, job descriptions, and implementing employment policies and procedures
- Providing seminars for directed and targeted client needs
- Preparing employment contracts, confidentiality, and non-compete clauses and when necessary, separation agreements and releases
- Advising on all phases of the employment process, from notice and posting requirements to the interview process, through post-interview stage, including the actual offer and post-offer process
- Providing consultation for any employment need that might arise on a day-to-day basis, making sure you are in the best possible situation in the event an adverse employment decision has to be made
- Investigating allegations of employee/executive misconduct
- Investigating allegations of wage/hour violations
- Assisting and handling administrative proceedings
The attorneys in C&T’s Employment Practice Group routinely deal with a wide variety of employment law issues encountered by business management. With the recent increase in employment-related litigation, our attorneys continue to provide counsel to our clients that includes a combination of advice on addressing legal issues and practice solutions for litigation avoidance purposes. Our focus is to provide insightful, thorough and responsive advice to our clients in this critical aspect of doing business.
Section Head: Brian T. Farrington