Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
Our Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights practice group provides representation and counsel to secured lenders and factoring companies during reorganization and liquidation proceedings, as well as loan restructuring and workout services outside the courts.
Our services include matters relating to the automatic stay and rejection and/or assumption of executory contracts, post-petition financing and cash collateral issues, negotiation of plans of reorganization, analysis of the debtor’s financial performance, asset sales, preference analysis and general bankruptcy litigation.
The wide array of bankruptcy and restructuring knowledge of the group’s attorneys provides solutions benefiting:
- Administrators, liquidators, receivers, trustees and examiners
- Directors of financially distressed companies
- Equity holders committees
- Intellectual property licensors and licensees
- Official and unofficial committees of creditors, bondholders and noteholders
- Parties involved in any bankruptcy-related litigation, including avoidance claims
- Post-petition lenders, secured lenders and servicers of mortgage-backed securities
- Purchasers of debt or assets of distressed companies
- Secured and unsecured creditors
We can also advise lenders on documentation designed to avoid bankruptcy issues, pre-bankruptcy planning and Bankruptcy Code provisions that may be useful in liquidating collateral that is difficult to sell.
Our Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights lawyers have been involved in many of the largest and most important bankruptcy cases in the country. We have represented clients in a wide range of industries, including oil and gas, manufacturing, livestock production, grocery distribution, health care, restaurants, communications, freight forwarding and franchising.
Our attorneys also have experience serving as bankruptcy trustees and representing bankruptcy trustees in Chapter 11 reorganization cases and Chapter 7 liquidation cases.
Section Head: William L. Siegel